Sprung!!!

Sprung!!!
spring 2007

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Hair

Well, I started the new year off with a change in hairstyle. I've been growing my hair long for the last couple of years...and it just wasn't working. So, I've gone back to a shorter style. What is it about women and hair? I know that I'm borderline personality disorder anyway...but when it comes to hair, I'm a lunatic!!! I am in a constant want of a new look with my hair. It is crazy. Can I get a witness people!!!??? I like the new, shorter style..but I'm constantly checking out other women's dos and thinking, "Would mine look good like that?" Perhaps it isn't the hair that needs changing at all. Maybe the dissatisfaction is a symptom of a much deeper crisis that needs an over haul.

I'm not sure where this fits in with my "More About Jesus" motto for 2007. Something tells me that Jesus didn't worry about his hair. Can someone tell me how to quit wanting to "look" a certain way? It is such vanity, I know. But I still haven't found the answer here. I'm sure open to someone setting me straight. Come on, Nat. What do you have to say here.

2 comments:

Nat said...

I have no earthly idea what to say!
As you well know my hair is always a mess and I don't have any answers for that.
The deeper question, I guess, is if being dissatisfied is wrong or - worse - a sin. Is it? At first glance it may seem that the Bible condemns (sp???) being dissatisfied.. but at a second look, I am not quite sure. Maybe it depends on the object of the dissatisfaction.. or maybe not.. Isn't every prayer request at least partly a sign of dissatisfaction with how things are going, not going etc?
Oh well, you know I am full of it.. I mean full of questioning, of course.

As for the question how to quit wanting to look a certain way.. I don't know. I usually don't have that kind of desire, at least not a very strong one (and you who know me, know also that that statement is pretty self evident!).. however it is the wrong time to "ask" me.. I watched "Breakfast at Tiffany's" last night and Audrey Hepburn's beauty is motivation enough for me to want to look better (I could never say "like her", that's impossible!) -- so, are we in trouble with God? Well, even if we are surely that couldn't possibly be worse than certain people watching "Napoleon Dynamite" three times!

Love ya, and you know it.

cindy said...

Perhaps the dissatisfaction is not dissatisfaction at all. Maybe, just maybe, I'm like a wonderful artist and I am just trying to perfect the "look." Yeah, that's it. I'm an artist. HAHAHAHAHA!!! My canvas is my head...and I am a crazed artist who just hasn't had the "masterpiece" yet.

If I watched Audrey Hepburn movies all the time, I'd probably go into such a low self-esteem state that I'd eat so much, I'd balloon to the size of an African Hippo!!! She was soooooooo beautiful. However, I'm shooting for that kind of inner beauty..except for my hair!!! (I'm an artist, like Aubrey Hepburn.) There.