Sprung!!!

Sprung!!!
spring 2007

Monday, December 10, 2007

Brotherly Inspiration

My brother emailed me this week and said that he noticed that I hadn't blogged in a while. I didn't know anyone ever even thought about my blog. I've decided to post something new. It will be an "update" to being more like Jesus.

Life has presented me with ample opportunities to be More Like Jesus. If I had to list my successes and failures side-by-side, in review of this years attempts at being more like Him, surely the failures would be more than double the successes. But, I have had some divine moments (usually they were when I was weakest) where God led me directly in His path. My faith increases each time I turn from my flesh and follow in His footsteps.

A friend of mine was recently asked the question, "What is walking by the Spirit? I've always heard of this, but how do you really know if you are doing it??" I thought her answer was divine. She said, "Anytime you have an opportunity to show either love or hate, mercy or judgment, grace or condemnation...and you choose the ones that Jesus would show, then you know you are walking by the Spirit." Pretty good answer. Pretty simple too. The more you choose His ways, the more blessed you are. It's win-win.

Well, my kids are not conducting themselves in an orderly manner...(clear throat)...so I am going to go have a "counselling" session with them. Reader might want to say a short prayer for them. ha

Next time: Update on my hair.

Oregano!!!

2 comments:

Nat said...

Hey! I check your blog once in a while.. but I also know you don't have the internet at home, so I kinda figured out it is not easily doable for you to post often..
But if you want I can do like another fellow blogger does to me.. the other day he emailed me saying: "Six days and no new post.. are you ok?"
Do you want to be encouraged (or bugged) like that?

I'm glad you're back blogging.. and I can't wait for your hair update.

Love ya.

Oregano (actually in Italian it's "origano").. oh, well!

cindy said...

I suppose since you are my biggest blogging fan (with my brother being the close second) I'll take you up on the reminder offer. I do love to blog. I like to ramble so much with my mouth that it's good to give it (my mouth) a break now and then and put something down on paper.

My eardrum ruptured last night (apparently) and now I feel like I have cotton crammed down into my throat. I read on ask.com (or some site such as that) that it is okay and the only thing to do is prevent infection.....a little to late for that step, I think. ha